Welcome to the RPG Blog Carnival for March 2021! This month’s theme: Saying “yes” to your players. As any Game Master can tell you, your players are going to throw you for a loop at some point, and the session will depend on how you respond.
Saying no to players ideas, while sometimes essential, can stop the flow of creativity. When your players come up with an off-the-wall idea, some of the best moments at the table are when you roll with it! So let us know the best way to say yes to your players, or the best moments you’ve had! Also, be sure to check out our contribution this month.
Not sure what to write about? Here are some topics to get you started:
- Tips on how to let your player’s shine
- How to uphold player agency
- When you blatantly stole a player’s idea mid-session
- Tell a story on when your players did something incredible
- Your tips on how to use “Yes, and” or “Yes, but” statements
- Tell us how to best use the Rule of Cool
Join in by commenting on this post with a link to your submission. Check out everyone else’s posts, and at the end of the month, I’ll include a wrap-up post. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still join in! Link to your Reddit or Discord discussion, Youtube video, or podcast and we’ll include it.
If you would like to host the Carnival, there are still 3 months available (at time of writing). You can sign up the official RPG Blog Carnival home page.